4.3.08

A war

(2) Finally a war started between me and my roomate. This war broke out on thursday night. Her boyfriend came to visit her. Same as usual, they made lots of noises and it was so annoying. Later, that guy took a nap and soon he began to snore. It was after 11pm already and he didn't have the intention to leave at all. I kept on waiting for the guy to leave and my limit was 12am. This caused me lots of inconvenience because I couldn't take a shower until he had left.

Then at 11:30pm, I asked my roomate, "When will your friend leave? He isn't going to stay overnight, is he?" She answered me coldly, "I don't know. Probably not so soon." It was actually a very dumb question because I was sure that he wouldn't leave. My purpose was to hint to her that I didn't want that guy to stay overnight as I had talked to her about that before. 15 minutes later, I asked my roomate again, "Is that possible to ask you friend to leave by 12am? I would feel uncomfortable if he stays overnight again." This time, her attitude was even worse. She replied, "Well, there's no point that I need to ask him to leave. Non-residents are allowed to stay overnight. If you feel uncomfortable, you shouldn't have signed the lease and moved into here." I frowned and then smiled secretly because she confronted me with the lease. Yet, she didn't read the lease carefully enough. I took a breath and said, "You are right. But there is another rule saying that this is not allowed if it causes me inconvenience and disturbance. I don't have the lease right now. We can go downstairs to the frontdesk to seek for advice." My roomate chose to turn a deaf ear to what I said and she didn't even turn around to look at me. She switched off the television and went to sleep with the guy. Going downstairs to the frontdesk was my last resort. Her irrespectfulness really got on my last nerve. I went to the frontdesk at once.

The RAs followed me back to my room. One of them woke my roomate up and talked to her. At first, my roomate was very conceited and laughed coldly when the RA told her that her boyfriend had to leave. She re-used the rule of "Non-residents are allowed to stay overnight." The RA then further explained the rule that I followed to her. Within a few seconds, her triumphant smile faded and she was speechless except for waking her boyfriend up. After the group of people had left, she stared at me furiously. Undoubtedly, I must move out as soon as possible. I had no idea whether this girl would do something to take revenge on me.

Next morning, I requested for moving to another room. Luckily, there was an empty room available. This rarely happened but the two girls living in this room had moved out. With no hesitancy, I packed all my things and moved out. Now, I have a very spacious double room with two beds, two desks and two wardrobes. There is no roomate. No more TV noises, kissing sounds or loud music inside my room. I can play all kinds of music at any time I want.

6 comments:

Arael said...

You're so lucky...:)

心齋 said...

As far as the result is concerned, you have won the war.

I would like to express my sincere congratulations. ^^

Anonymous said...

你運氣頗佳,既不需再面對討厭的室友,也可獨佔一室,以後無人搔擾,你可專心練習了,祝你學業進步!

Carrie said...

That put me at ease, dear. Was so worry about you i.r.o your roommate.

Take care, as you are still in the the same place with her, though not the same room.

Silence said...

Arael:
At first I was told that there were no empty rooms left and I could only move into those double rooms with only one resident. Later the frontdesk found out the girl that I should be living with moved out two weeks ago. It was really a coincidence.

心齋:
I would say both of us have won.XD

Shek:
My room is very quiet all the time.

Carrie:
She lives quite close campus so she does not come back to dorm every day. I don't think I will see her very often because we are now living 4 floors apart.

Andy said...

Oh congratulations! What a nice result after all the frustrations!