6.3.08

Scholarship audition

(3) Last saturday morning, I went to Missouri to attend a scholarship audition. It was an open competition for performance majors under the age of 25; organized by an international music fraternity.

Contestants had to play two contrasting pieces and my reportoire included J.S.Bach Prelude & Fugue in D major, WTC I and Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No.6. Since there were many students joining the audition, the organization required each of us to play for 8 minutes only. It was not tough but challenging. The duration was really short. In other words, you had to make good use of that 8 minutes to show your ability to the judges. There was no time to warm-up. I was satisfied with my own performance and this had never happened before. At last, I didn't get the scholarship. However, I am looking forward to receiving the comment sheets.

The audition was held in a college. The campus was quite beautiful.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

雖得不到獎學金,卻滿意自己的表現,可見你琴藝進步不少,且重視自己的表現甚於獎學金,也可見你的志趣是音樂而非學位!
繼續努力,支持你!