23.11.07

I am 16 going on 17

Tomorrow will be my birthday.

My classmates celebrated my birthday with me in advance this afternoon. We had a birthday cake for lunch instead of canteen food. One of my friends composed a "Birthday Song" which was dedicated to my 17th Birthday. It was a duet for piano and violin. This song was premiered in the "birthday party" and my friend played the violin part by himself. It was my first time to receive a composition as a birthday gift and it was very special to me. I also received presents and greetings from my other friends as well.

The "birthday party" was held in a hurry as we had less than one hour for lunch on Friday but I was very happy. I felt sorry for the boys as one piece of cake for lunch was not enough at all.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. The age, 17, reminds me of the song "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" from the musical "The Sound of Music".

Song: Sixteen Going On Seventeen
Music: Rodgers and Hammerstein

(Rolf)
You wait little girl
On an empty stage
For fate to turn the light on

Your life little girl
is an empty page
that men will want to write on

(Leisl)
To write on

(Rolf)
You are 16 going on 17
Baby its time to think
Better beware
Be canny and careful
Baby you're on the brink

You are 16 going on 17
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads
And grueways and cads
Will offer you fruit and wine

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

You need someone
Older and wiser
Telling you what to do
I am 17 going on 18
I'll take care of you

(Leisl)
I am 16 going on 17
I know that i'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
And willingly I believe

I am 16 going on 17 innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies
Drinkers of brandies
What do I know of those

Totally unprepared am I
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I
Of things beyond my ken

I need someone
Older and wiser
Telling me what to do
You are 17 going on 18
I'll depend on you

5 comments:

新鮮人 said...

生日快樂呀! :)

"我是十六,就快十七歲"首歌輕快好聽,
小時候聽過一次就記得了! :)

Karelian said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry that I don’t have any birthday cake to you. Hope you do not mind. :)

xiao zhu said...

遲來的祝賀。生日快樂!!

Anonymous said...

噢,竟然錯過了你的生日,唯有在此補祝你天天快樂,心想事成!
雙八年華剛過,青蔥無際,人生路漫漫,盡情演奏你青春的樂章吧!

Silence said...

Thank you very much!! =]