1.9.07

A gift

Yesterday I received my first gift from a boy. It was G whom I have known him for many years. To be accurate, should be since infancy as our parents are very good friends.

We had high-tea in the coffee shop of Ritz-Carlton hotel. The proportion of the tea set was quite big. G and I decided to order one set only and shared the food. It was so delicious and I especially liked the blueberry cheesecake. We chatted for a few hours until the waiter asked us to leave since the buffet dinner was fully booked and they needed our table.

As I live quite close to Central, so I usually go home on foot. G walked with me. My whole family went out. Indeed I was not supposed to let a boy come into my flat when no one else was at home. However, I saw G sweating and I asked him to come in and wash his face if he wanted to. After a while, he suddenly took out a bag and gave it to me. I was so surprised because I didn't expect that he would buy a gift for me. I unwrapped the gift and it was a porcelain figure of two little kids(a boy and a girl) flying kite. It was handmade and the craftwork was very delicate. I liked it so much that I didn't want to put it down. And I noticed that he was so happy when he knew that I like the gift.

When my mom came back, she laughed at me again. That made me feel so embarrassed but I could hardly resist smiling.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

其實鐘意你ge人ng止 R^^

Silence said...

CTC:
Haha, I don't know. G didn't say that he likes me.

Anonymous said...

But do you like him?

Karelian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karelian said...

真浪漫~ ^_^

The Inner Space said...

那個少男不多情?
那個少女不懷春?


是人生的一個階段罷了。。。


除非像我貌醜。從未有非份之想,有一個平靜的少年時代。

Silence said...

Shek:
Hmmmm, I'm not sure. Maybe yes, haha.:)

Karelian:
Haha. It was quite romantic despite being asked to leave by the waiter.

Inner Space:
Space兄很感慨, 也許Space兄年少時思想過份成熟, 不屑花時間在這些無謂事上......

Anonymous said...

你們交談了數小時之久,可見你們之間的交往毫無壓力,且還相當投契;友誼發展首重溝通與尊重,相信你們的情誼可以繼續發展下去。只是你將要到美國深造,你們的交往能否分隔兩地而持續發展,倒是你要考慮的問題!

Silence said...

Shek:
G has a sense of humour and there is no pressure when chatting with him. Actually he will go to England at the end of this month but I will see him again in December. Right now, we are still good friends. It is still too early for us to start a relationship.

Andy said...

chatting until told to leave is a good sign that you two have the potential to develop a meaningful relationship.

Silence said...

Andy:
Haha, maybe both of us like chatting with each other very much.

Anonymous said...

彼此享受著互相交談的樂趣,情誼也在不自覺間建立起來了!
他到英國也是進修音樂嗎?

Silence said...

Shek:
Nope. He is going to study engineering but he will continue to play cello during his free time.

Anonymous said...

你們閒時也可合奏一曲啊!

Silence said...

Shek:
Haha, I want to accompany Beethoven Cello Sonata No.3 in A if I have a chance. But I think he played that one before.

Anonymous said...

So try it. I think that he will love to play it again if you want to.

Andy said...

Oh, you remind me of the good old days, where my friends and I chatted for the whole night ...and then see the sunrise together...

Silence said...

Shek:
Not really. It is quite boring to play old pieces.

Andy:
See the sunrise together? Where did you go?

lu said...

interesting that he didn't give you the present while you guys have been chatting.

i think he must be very anxious...

enjoy it! ^^