27.8.07

Red wine

I tasted my first red wine a few weeks ago. It was a dinner with my dad's secondary school classmates and their family. I never thought of taking alcoholic drinks before 18 and especially I was sick on that day. Then I saw all the "kids" drinking red wine. I asked my mom if I could sip a bit. Surprisingly, she said yes and later she just gave her glass to me.

Honestly, I didn't really like the taste of red wine. It was slightly bitter since it was pure red wine but the percentage of alcohol was very low. However, I finished the whole glass because when the wine reached my sore throat, I felt like it was being burnt. That made me feel comfortable for a short period of time.

Two days ago in a dinner with my relatives, I drank red wine again. This time it was blueberry wine that contained 10% alcohol. It was said that the percentage is quite high. But it tasted a lot better than pure red wine. It was a little bit sweet and actually, quite delicious. That's the reason people may get drunk more easily because they may intend to drink much wine that they can handle. I told my aunt that I love the blueberry wine very much. She said that next time I can try whisky. Of course, I will have to add lots of ice into it. Looking forward to trying it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like drinking white instead of red, but the blueberry wine you mentioned sounds nice...haha...

Girls should be able to drink a bit...but not letting people know how much you can drink. Gd for you to do some trials before you go to States. :)

Carrie

Andy said...

What country was the wine from? Was it French red wine? Or some new world wines, like Chile or Australia or California?

Silence said...

Carrie:
That's what my relatives and friends say too. I should learn to drink a bit in Hong Kong right now because my parents can guide me. But so far I haven't found out how much I can drink because my dad only allows me to drink very little.:(

Andy:
The blueberry wine is from an island in Canada. I can't remember the name of that place but my aunt said that it is famous for the blueberries.

Andy said...

no, I mean the red wine...

Silence said...

Andy:
Hmmm... I'm not sure. I just drank what I was given. Perhaps it's from France.