27.8.07

After concert

I always like the time after concert because I can get new pieces. I don't have to practise 1st movement of Grieg Concerto anymore temporarily and I have planned to learn 2nd and 3rd movements later but definitely not now.

My piano teacher asked me what pieces I would like to learn. My answer was "any work by Liszt". She gave me two suggestions: Un Sospiro and Hungarian Rhapsody No.11. I didn't want to learn Un Sospiro because I heard it too many times in music camp this summer. Hungarian Rhapsody No.11 is an exciting piece but not my favourite one. I asked my teacher if I can do No.6. She said that it is possible but No.6 is a lot more difficult than No.11. When I took a quick look at the score, with no doubt, it was really true. No.6 has many passages that have consecutive octaves. Comparing to it, No.11 seems much easier. I struggled for a period of time and my final decision was No.6 because I wanted to learn the more challenging.

Besides Liszt, my teacher suggested me to practise Chopin Etude Op.10 No.4. This is to improve my finger works. I was so excited when she said that because it's one of my favourite Chopin Etudes. Just hope that I can handle two new pieces at the same time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

對音樂的熱誠早已讓你充滿信心,敢於向難度挑戰,努力吧,一定會成功!天道酬勤,只要肯努力,再難的樂段也能駕駑,如履平地!

Silence said...

Shek:
Haha not really. Sometimes I feel very frustrated when practising piano.

Anonymous said...

面對挫折是每個人的人生必經階段,只要不放棄、不氣餒,總有成功的一天!
挫折絕不能構成你的障礙,如何跨越它才是你的挑戰;縱使身在美國,當遇上挫折時,別忘記還有遠方的我們在默默支持你啊!

Karelian said...

加油!支持您~

Silence said...

Shek, Karelian:
感謝你們的支持, 我一定會"俾心機"。