3.2.08

Roomate

The first two days of school were not bad. However, these two weeks were completely a nightmare to me. There were lots of assignments and quizzes. Homework seemed to be endless. Besides, my first piano lesson with the professor was not very good. I got very frustrated and stressed and my parents were so concerned about me.

I didn't feel happier until yesterday. I had my second piano lesson and it was great. The professor told me lots of things to interpret the 3rd mvt of Beethoven Sonata Op.109. My professor performed Beethoven Sonata Op.109 many years ago and I was so impressed by his thorough understanding of the work. Yet, at the end I had to give up playing this piece because the professor thought that it is too difficult for me. I got to understand why my first piano lesson was a bit disappointing. The reason is that I was the last student on that day. Teaching students for hours is definitely not en easy job for my 6X years old professor. He didn't speak much during the lesson. Meanwhile, I was the first student yesterday and he taught me many things. I discussed with him about an audition for a scholarship and he was so enthusiastic about it. The audition required two contrasting works, one Baroque or Classical composition and one Romantic, Impressionistic or Modern composition. I decided to play Bach Prelude and Fugue and Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody. I opted for doing an old piece because I was not confident in refining and memorising the Liszt Paganini Etude within one month. Besides, I performed the Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody before and I knew what I needed to improve.

My roomate doesn't know how to respect the others at all. She keeps on doing something that bothers me a lot. Everytime, I just turn a deaf ear or a blind eye to it. It is because I don't want to have any quarrels with her. However, this morning, beyond doubts, I couldn't just remain silent anymore. Her boyfriend stayed overnight in our room but she didn't tell me before that. She went out quite late last night and I didn't expect her to come back. After I had fallen asleep, I barely heard the sound of opening a door. I was too tired to take a glance at her at that time. Nevertheless, I never expected that she would bring her boyfriend to sleep in our room because he didn't make any noise. At the middle of the night, I was waken up by loud snores. It was so strange because my roomate didn't snore. I couldn't see anything since it was too dark. Then I went back to sleep. This morning, I heard a male voice when I got up. I immediately looked round and I saw my roomate and her boyfriend lying on the bed. That was getting on my very last nerve. I couldn't stand a stranger of opposite sex staying in my room overnight, especially I was not told about it. In no doubt, it was my roomate's problem and she didn't respect me at all. Indeed, every time her boyfriend came to our room, they made so much noise which disturbed me a lot. They kissed loudly and turned up the volume of the TV even when I was doing assignments. And I couldn't take a shower as the door of the bathroom can't be locked from inside. Every time I told myself to bear them. But having a male sleeping in my room is beyond my tolerance. I talked to my roomate after the guy had left. She just said, "Ok." I had no idea if she would listen to me. Just hope that this will not happen again.

No comments: